Our Vision & Mission
Our vision is to actualize the long cherished dream of higher education of the inhabitants of Purulia, a so called backward district in West Bengal. This college is to be made instrumental in catering tothe needs of the poor youths having rich latent potentialities and in satisfying their thirst for inquisitiveness to a great possible extent.
- To make our college a shrine in the temple of higher education
- To open up new avenues so that unfulfilled hopes, desires expectations and aspirations can see the light of the day
- To ensure all round development of the students e.g. physical, mental, intellectual, spiritual, cultural etc.
- To develop scientific temper, attitude and values
- To cultivate a very strong sense of sociality through social service and learning
- To help students understand the need of the hour and demand of the age
- To equip the students to face and overcome the new challenges in the present globalized world
- To inculcate a sense of discipline, self-confidence and self-reliance.
- To make this sexagenarian institute of higher education not only esoteric but also exoteric.
Thankfull & Look Forword:-
We are thankful to:
- All well-wishers of our college.
- Department of Education, Govt. of Bihar and West Bengal.
- Those who helped the college from its swaddling and lisping stage to the present status.
- The University authorities of Patna, Kolkata, Burdwan and Purulia.
- UGC and H.R.D. Ministry, Govt. of India.
- All staff, teaching and non-teaching, since inception.
- Students whose ambitions and frustrations, and laughter and tears animate the campus.
- All members of Managing Committee and Governing Body since inception.
- Alumni Association.
- The Parents and Guardians who repose faith on us
We Look Forward to:
- Warm support from parents, guardians, well-wishers, educationists, businessmen, politicians, social activists and media personalities.
- A more thriving campus with staff committed to their vocation and students pledged to a better tomorrow.
- A more facilitative Science Block
- Separate set up for each and every department
- Class-rooms with galleries and in built audio system
- Introduction of newer disciplines keeping in touch with modern demands for job-oriented and career- friendly courses.
- More integral relationship with the society outside the campus, especially with those who need it most.
- Better use of science and technology for community services.
- Improvement of society by creating an environment most conducive to art and aesthetics, discipline and harmony, and commitment and coalition.
Dr. Santanu Chattopadhyay Jagannath Kishore College, Purulia is one of the leading colleges in West Bengal & India. Established in 1948, the college appeared as the premier institution in the field of higher education in this district, and over the last 65 years it has come up as the lead college of the district......Read more