Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
- To help students from the economically challenged background overcome all sorts of barriers – social, financial as well as mental.
- To be an eminent centre of education, synchronizing the values of traditional culture &brilliance of modern knowledge.
- To focus in catering to the needs of the young talents of rich potentialities by satisfying their thrust for inquisitiveness to a great possible extent.
- To create a great mass of educated human beings of exemplary character &integrated personalities.
- To equip the students to meet the unique challenges and opportunities of a globalized econmy
- To sustain and strive for further academic excellence.
- To enhance infrastructural facilities to accommodate diverse academic programmes.
- To inculcate humane values and greater responsibilities in students.
- To cultivate healthy and sustainable ecological practices.
- To promote environment of free thinking and research
- Faith in the divinity of man.
- Love for all – man, creatures and environment.
- Moral Uprightness.
- Commitment to Society.
- Pursuit of Excellence and Wisdom.
Dr. Santanu Chattopadhyay
I have the proud privilege to share my views on Jagannath Kishore College, with whom I have been associated for the last twenty-five years initially as a faculty of Physics, and then as the Principal for the last seven years or so. Founded in 1948, and serving as a premiere institution for higher education in Purulia for over seven decades, this college has followed the motto ‘Shraddhavan Lavate Jnanam’( a faithful person achieves knowledge) to its optimum. In Swami Vivekananda’s words ‘Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man’ –.....