Governing body1. Dr. Mriganka Mahato, President
2. Dr. Santanu Chattopadhyay, Principal/Secretary
3. Smt. Mousumi Banerjee, Govt. Nominee
4. Sri Gautam Ray, Govt. Nominee
5. Sri Shaktipada Karmakar, Nominee of W.B.S.C.H.E.
6. Dr.(Smt) Ananya Ghosh, University Nominee
7. Sri Amitabha Bandyopadhyay, University Nominee
8. Dr. Ganesh Chandra Gorain, Teachers’ Representative
9. Smt. Susmita Chaudhury, Teachers’ Representative
10 Dr. Mahadeb Das,Teachers’ Representative
11 Sri Sambhu Choudhury, Non-teaching Representative
Dr. Santanu Chattopadhyay
I have the proud privilege to share my views on Jagannath Kishore College, with whom I have been associated for the last twenty-five years initially as a faculty of Physics, and then as the Principal for the last seven years or so. Founded in 1948, and serving as a premiere institution for higher education in Purulia for over seven decades, this college has followed the motto ‘Shraddhavan Lavate Jnanam’( a faithful person achieves knowledge) to its optimum. In Swami Vivekananda’s words ‘Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man’ –.....