Annual activities of IQAC
Note: Scroll down to view the notices
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, and as proposed by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), J. K. College Purulia, a NAAC accredited institution, has established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in 2005 as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Because quality enhancement is a continuous process, since inception the IQAC of our College has been working tirelessly towards realizing the goals of quality augmentation, consistent and catalytic improvement in the academic and administrative performances of the institution through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of the best practices.
The present composition of the IQAC of our College is:
|1||Dr. Santanu Chattopadhyay||Principal, Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Ashoke Kumar Agarwal||Associate Prof. of English, IQAC Coordinator|
|3||Dr Sw. Nirbanananda Maharaj, MBBS, MD(AIIMS)||Local Community|
|4||Sri Amitava Bandopadhyay||Associate Prof of Economics, Manbhum Mahavidyalaya, Manbazar|
|5||Sri Sukumar Mitra||Associate Prof of Bengali & IQAC Co ordinator, Mahatma Gandhi College, Lalpur|
|6||Dr. Phalguni Mukhopadhyay||Principal, Raghunathpur College, Purulia & Alumni|
|7||Mr. Anup Sarawgi||Chartered Accountant and Industralist|
|8||Dr. Ganesh Chandra Gorain||Associate Prof. of Mathematics|
|8||Sri Rabilochan Karmakar||Associate Prof. of Pol. Science,|
|10||Dr. Nityananda Das||Associate Prof. of Physics|
|11||Dr. Kanai Lal Dutta||Associate Prof. of Mathematics|
|12||Dr. (Smt.) Chandrani Sengupta||Associate Prof. of Economics|
|13||Dr. Sujit Ghosh||Associate Prof. of Botany|
|14||Dr. Mahadeb Das||Associate Prof. of Bengali|
|15||Dr. Lokesh Chandra Pati||Associate Prof. of Chemistry|
|16||Dr. Anirban Panda||Assistant Prof. of Chemistry|
|17||Sri Lakshmi Kanta Pradhan||Head Clerk, J. K. College, Purulia|
|18||Sri Shambhu Choudhury||Accountant, J. K. College, Purulia|
|19||Smt Arpita Mahato||Student, J. K. College, Purulia|
The primary aim of the IQAC
The IQAC in the college is taking all necessary steps to fulfill the goals envisioned by NAAC and develop, encourage and ensure a system which seeks to build an ideal institute of higher education that on one hand will contribute to national development, and on the other foster global competencies among learners/teachers never losing sight of the ethical perspective in the process of evolution.
• Development and application of quality parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
• Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment by adopting suitable knowledge, mind set and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
• Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
• Organizing regular workshops and seminars for expansion of knowledge, exploration of possibilities as well as quality consciousness.
• Furthering constructive approach and a vibrant work culture in the institute.
• Promoting research oriented activities both in teachers and students.
•Developing network for exploring opportunities of collaboration with other institutions as well as exchange programmes.
•Making arrangements for regular feedback and responses from the students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related issues, analyzing them and forwarding corrective measures.
• Creating awareness among the students about their duties and rights, as well as addressing grievances if any.
•Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
• Exploring opportunities of and facilitating the participation of the teaching & administrative staff in the faculty development programme.
• Ensuring enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
• Providing a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
• Promoting and ensuring a value based education / approach in the institution.
• Promoting gender equity and developing social awareness.
• Promoting achievements in various fields by way of award or appreciation.
• Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of the nodal agency.
A general meeting of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) will be held on 12.09.2019 at 3.00 P.M. in the Principal’s Chamber.
All the members are requested to remain present in the meeting. Read More...
IQAC Meeting Notice
A meeting of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) will be held on 22.06.2019 at 3.00 P.M. in the Principal’s Chamber.
All the members are requested to remain present in the meeting.
Dr. Santanu Chattopadhyay
I have the proud privilege to share my views on Jagannath Kishore College, with whom I have been associated for the last twenty-five years initially as a faculty of Physics, and then as the Principal for the last seven years or so. Founded in 1948, and serving as a premiere institution for higher education in Purulia for over seven decades, this college has followed the motto ‘Shraddhavan Lavate Jnanam’( a faithful person achieves knowledge) to its optimum. In Swami Vivekananda’s words ‘Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man’ –.....