Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, and as proposed by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), J. K. College Purulia, a NAAC accredited institution, has established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in 2005 as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Because quality enhancement is a continuous process, since inception the IQAC of our College has been working tirelessly towards realizing the goals of quality augmentation, consistent and catalytic improvement in the academic and administrative performances of the institution through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of the best practices.
The present composition of the IQAC of our College is:
|1||Dr. Santanu Chattopadhyay||Principal, Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Ashoke Kumar Agarwal||Associate Prof. of English, IQAC Coordinator|
|3||Dr Sw. Nirbanananda Maharaj, MBBS, MD(AIIMS)||Local Community|
|4||Sri Amitava Bandopadhyay||Associate Prof of Economics, Manbhum Mahavidyalaya, Manbazar|
|5||Sri Sukumar Mitra||Associate Prof of Bengali & IQAC Co ordinator, Mahatma Gandhi College, Lalpur|
|6||Dr. Phalguni Mukhopadhyay||Principal, Raghunathpur College, Purulia & Alumni|
|7||Mr. Anup Sarawgi||Chartered Accountant and Industralist|
|8||Dr. Ganesh Chandra Gorain||Associate Prof. of Mathematics|
|8||Dr. Kanai Lal Dutta||Associate Prof. of Mathematics|
|10||Dr. Sujit Ghosh||Associate Prof. of Botany|
|11||Dr. Mahadeb Das||Associate Prof. of Bengali|
|12||Dr. Lokesh Chandra Pati||Associate Prof. of Chemistry|
|13||Dr. Anirban Panda||Assistant Prof. of Chemistry|
|14||Dr. Rimi Roy||Assistant Prof. of Botany|
|15||Sri .Bubai Das||Assistant Prof. of Computer Science|
|16||Sri Sambhu Choudhury||Accountant, J. K. College, Purulia|
|17||Smt Swagata Bhattacharaya||Student, J. K. College, Purulia|
The primary aim of the IQAC
The IQAC in the college is taking all necessary steps to fulfill the goals envisioned by NAAC and develop, encourage and ensure a system which seeks to build an ideal institute of higher education that on one hand will contribute to national development, and on the other foster global competencies among learners/teachers never losing sight of the ethical perspective in the process of evolution.
• Development and application of quality parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
• Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment by adopting suitable knowledge, mind set and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
• Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
• Organizing regular workshops and seminars for expansion of knowledge, exploration of possibilities as well as quality consciousness.
• Furthering constructive approach and a vibrant work culture in the institute.
• Promoting research oriented activities both in teachers and students.
•Developing network for exploring opportunities of collaboration with other institutions as well as exchange programmes.
•Making arrangements for regular feedback and responses from the students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related issues, analyzing them and forwarding corrective measures.
• Creating awareness among the students about their duties and rights, as well as addressing grievances if any.
•Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
• Exploring opportunities of and facilitating the participation of the teaching & administrative staff in the faculty development programme.
• Ensuring enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
• Providing a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
• Promoting and ensuring a value based education / approach in the institution.
• Promoting gender equity and developing social awareness.
• Promoting achievements in various fields by way of award or appreciation.
• Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of the nodal agency.
Dr. Santanu Chattopadhyay
I have the proud privilege to share my views on Jagannath Kishore College, with whom I have been associated for the last twenty-five years initially as a faculty of Physics, and then as the Principal for the last seven years or so. Founded in 1948, and serving as a premiere institution for higher education in Purulia for over seven decades, this college has followed the motto ‘Shraddhavan Lavate Jnanam’( a faithful person achieves knowledge) to its optimum. In Swami Vivekananda’s words ‘Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man’ –.....
One day State level Online Workshop on Various Health Insurance Policies & their benefits
12.08.2021 Read More...
One day State level Online Webinar on Anapana Meditation, for Mindfulness and Stress Relief
23.07.2021 Read More...
One Day State Level Online Webinar on Spirituality in Everyday Life
09.07.2021 Read More...
State Level Webinar on Intellectual Property Rights ( IPR )
5.07.2021 Read More...
Faculty Lecture Series ( Lec - 3/2021) - Poststructuralism in Literacy/ Cultural Theory - A Gernral Introduction
03.07.2021 Read More...
TWO DAY NATIONAL WEBINAR on Disaster and its Management in History
28.06.2021 Read More...
Faculty Lecture Series ( Lec - 2/2021) - “Bio-piracy”
25.06.2021 Read More...
Faculty Lecture Series ( Lec - 1/2021) Dynamics of Sundarban
18.06.2021 Read More...
Observation of International Yoga Day 2021
18.06.2021 Read More...
A State Level Online Faculty Development Programme (FDP)Topic : Online Learning Tools
05.06.2021 Read More...
Observation of World Environment Day
28.05.2021 Read More...
SciFest - 2021
06.03.2021 Read More...
Online Webinar on OBSERVATION OF BIRTH ANNIVERSARY OF SISTER NIVEDITA
27.10.2020 Read More...
ONLINE INAUGURATION OF E - JOURNALS
26.10.2020 Read More...
State Level Webinar on HUMAN SUFFERING & SPIRITUALITY
16.10.2020 Read More...
Online Webinar on OBSERVATION OF BIRTH ANNIVERSARY OF SARDAR VALLAVBHAI PATEL ( NATIONAL UNITY DAY)
26.10.2020 Read More...
A State Level Webinar on Revisiting Sex Inequalities in India in Times of a Pandemic
11.10.2020 Read More...
National Webinar on UPGRADATION IN TEACHING AND LEARNING WITH PROPER DOCUMENTATION
8.10.2020 Read More...
One day National Webinar on Mathematical Analysis and Probability
1-10-2020 Read More...
Faculty Development Programme (FDP) Online Webinar on IPR
26.06.2020 Read More...
Faculty Development Programme (Online - FDP) - Effective Online Teaching and Learning
08.06.2020 Read More...
Observation of World AIDS Day
1.12.2019 Read More...
Observation of the Birth Day of Jagadish Chandra Bose
30.11..2019 Read More...
Celebration of 200th Birthday Anniversary of Pandit Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar
25.09.2019 Read More...
Alumni Meet of English Department
22.09.2019 Read More...
Unveiling of the Statue of Swami Vivekananda
15.09.2019 Read More...
14/03/2019 Read More...